USED TO / DIDN’T USE TO
Complete the sentences by using the correct form of the simple present
or used to.
1. I ___________(not play) computer games when I was a child, but now I ____________ (play) a
lot of games in the evenings.
2. Mike _____________ (not smoke) before going to the army.
3. There _____________ (be) three parks in our village, but now now there ___________(be) only
4. Murat ____________(like) cheeseburgers, but now he ____________(eat) healthty food.
5. She _____________(not cook) before she got married, but now she ___________(cook) every
6. Alex ______________ (not have) a mobile phone, but now he ___________ (send) text
7. When I was single, I _____________(have) big parties in my house, but now I
___________(watch) TV in the evenings.
8. When I was in Istanbul, I ___________ (watch) Fenerbahçe’s matches at the stadium. Now I
___________ (watch) on TV every weekend.
9. A: _____________ you ____________ (drink) a glass of milk every morning when you were a
B: Yes, I did, but now I ______________ (drink) a cup of coffee every morning.
10. My sister_____________(love) classical music, but she ____________(hate) it when she was
KEY: 1. didn’t use to play / plays 2. didn’t use to smoke 3. used to be / is 4. used to like / eats 5.
didn’t use to / cooks 6. didn’t use to have / sends 7. used to have / watch 8. used to watch / watch
9. Did you use to drink / drink 10. loves / used to hate