SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION ( REWRITE QUESTIONS )
Complete the sentences using the words in brackets. Use two to five words.
1. Mehmet has a good relationship with his neighbours. (get)
Mehmet_________________________________________ his neighbours.
2. It was difficult for my mother to set up the new software. (found)
My mother _________________________________________ up the new software.
3. The escalator isn’t working; please use the stairs instead. (out)
The escalator___________________________; please use the stairs instead.
4. Shall I call Mr.Paro for you? (me)
Would ________________________________ Mr.Paro for you?
5. Murat doesn’t mind driving for two hours to work everyday. (used)
Murat _______________________________________________ for two hours to work everyday.
6. “I’m sorry I broke your mug” Janet said. (breaking)
Janet ________________________________________________ my mug.
7. They cancelled the flight because of thick fog. (off)
The flight ______________________________________ because of the thick fog.
8. The summit meeting will be held in Istanbul. (place)
The summit meeting _________________________________ in Istanbul.
9. Roberto took a month to design the concept car. (him)
It ________________________________________to design the concept car.
10. My father took up bowling three years ago. (been)
My father ___________________________________________ three years.
- Mehmet gets on well with his neighbours.
- My mother found it difficult to set up the new software.
- The escalator is out of order;…………….
- Would you let me to call Mr.Paro for you?
- Murat is used to driving for two hours to work everyday.
- Janet apologised for breaking my mug.
- The flight was put off because of the thick fog.
- The summit meeting will take place in Istanbul.
- It took him a month to design the concept car.
- My father has been playing bowling for three years.