BECAUSE – SO – ALTHOUGH
Exercise1. Complete the sentences with because / so.
1. Perez can’t help you at the moment __________ he is busy.
2. Bill has got a lot of money __________ he can buy a plane.
3. I haven’t got much time ___________ I can’t go out with you.
4. Lydia is an intelligent girl__________ she is able to solve these math problems.
5. They can’t go abroad _____________ they haven’t got a passport.
6. Alex has seriously injured __________ he won’t be play in the following match.
7. We can’t understand his French__________ he speaks very fast.
8. He forgot to set up the alarm clock ___________he was late to the meeting.
Exercise 2. Complete the sentences with although.
1. Murat didn’t wake up. The telephone rang many times.
2. Kazim didn’t play in the match. He recovered from an injury.
3. It was snowing. I drove without snow chains.
4. Carlos took a nap. He still feels very tired.
5. Peter didn’t get hurt. He fell down the stairs.
Exercise 3. Complete the sentences by yourself.
1. Although I wasn’t thirsty _______________________________.
2. My shirt still has coffee stains on it although _________________________.
3. Although my father is a careful driver _________________________________.
4. The refree showed him a red card because ______________________________.
5. They played very well so ______________________________________________.