BECAUSE / BECAUSE OF
Use of ‘because’ and ‘because of’ : To give a reason
Structure: We use a complete sentence after because.
” They didn’t win the game because they didn’t play well.
after because of we use NOUN Phrase or Ving form.
” All the flights were cancelled because of bad weather conditions.”
” I went to bed very early because of working too much.
Fill in the blanks with “because” or “because of”
1. Please don’t let your children walk alone _______________the walkway is slippery when wet.
2. Alex missed the penalty _______________lack of concentration.
3. _______________ thick fog at the airport, Louis and Tim had to stay in Ankara one more day.
4. Unfortunately she had to give up singing __________________she had a serious throat problem.
5. You are not allowed to enter this secured area ________________ you don’t have an official permit.
6. We decided to buy that house ______________ its low price.
7. _____________the elecrticity was cut off, we went to bed early.
8. We can’t go to school by public transport tomorrow ____________ the srtike.
9. I had to overwork last week _____________my manager wanted me to finish the reports.
10. People always trust him _______________his honesty.
KEY: 1. because 2. because of 3. Because of 4. because 5. because 6. because of 7. Because 8. because of 9. because 10. because of
FOR PRINTABLE VERSION CLICK BELOW